Parent Forum Information
Who are we?
We are a group of interested parents from across the year groups at Morriston Primary School, together with teachers and governors who meet on a regular to discuss issues relating to our children’s time at the school.
What we do?
Through open discussion we help to make Morriston Primary School aware of parental opinion on topics which may cause concern - teaching and learning, behaviour, bullying, discipline, extra-curricular activities, school facilities and environment, home learning, etc.
Aims and Objectives
- A place for parents to learn more about Morriston Primary School
- A place for the school to learn more about the parents
- To develop and improve dialogue between parents and the school by having regular meetings with Mrs Thomas (Headteacher), Mr Bendle (Acting Deputy Headteacher), and governors
- To continue to make whole-school improvements which benefit the academic, social and emotional progress and well-being of pupils
- To raise the profile of the school in the wider community
- To advise the school of parental views on specific issues
Benefits for Children
- Children behave better and achieve more when their parents are involved in their learning
- Parents receive advice about how to support their learning
- Concerns can be resolved more quickly when the children’s parents have a good relationship with Morriston Primary School
Benefits for Parents
- Parents will share their vision for Morriston Primary School
- Parents will be able to contribute to the strategic direction of the school
- The forum is an attempt to seek the views of parents on school issues and develop a stronger home – school partnership
Benefits for the School
- Parents contribute time, ideas and skills which complement the ideas, skills and expertise of the school staff and governors
- Morriston Primary School will develop a better understanding of the view and needs of parents and how they might address them