This project teaches children about the causes, events and consequences of the First and Second World Wars, the influence of new inventions on warfare, how life in Great Britain was affected and the legacy of the wars in the post-war period.
How did the Second World War affect Wales? Why were children evacuated from their homes? Explore these questions and more in this special project about the Second World War and its impact on the towns and valleys of Wales.
"This term our class novel is ‘Goodnight Mr Tom' by Michelle Magorian. We will be using this novel to develop our empathic skills via the EmpathyLab model.
More information on EmpathyLab can be found at: www.empathylab.uk
Useful websites Britannica Kids
– Norman Conquest Britannica Kids
– Wars of the Roses Britannica Kids
– English Civil War DKfindout!
– Facts About The Napoleonic Wars Britannica Kids
– Crimean War BBC Bitesize
– World War One
– KS2 History BBC Teach
– World War Two Imperial War Museums
– Living in the Trenches Britannica Kids
– Battle of Britain Britannica Kids
– Blitz Britannica Kids
– D-Day BBC Teach
– How propaganda was used during World War Two
– History KS2 Imperial War Museums
– Second World War Posters