Dear parents, carers and guardians,
I sincerely hope that you are all keeping safe and well. Can I take this opportunity to thank you again for all you have done to support the school and the staff in our work to keep the children learning.
We know it has been a difficult time for all but this evening I have some positive news. We have now received our updated operational plan and it gives me great pleasure to be able to outline some concrete dates for a planned return to school for our Foundation Phase pupils (3-7 Year olds), from Wednesday 24th February 2021.
In the newsletters section of our website you will find a letter from our new Director of Education, Helen Morgan-Rees, where she outlines fully the planned return and arrangements. In summary and in particular for our school, the plans are as follows:
• Week beginning February 15 is half-term (school is closed to all pupils including those of Key-workers).
• Monday (22 February) and Tuesday (23 February) will be used as planning days in Swansea for the return to school.
• Onsite learning for children of critical workers/vulnerable in Year 3 to Year 6 (KS2) WILL be available from 23 February.
• No onsite learning available for Foundation Phase pupils prior to their return on 24 February to avoid mixing of contact groups during week beginning 22 February.
• Foundation Phase pupils will need to bring a packed lunch into school between 24 February and 26 February
* Hot meals will start back for Foundation Phase pupils from Monday 1 March.
Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 pupils will be asked to return to school on Wednesday 24 February. (This will include our OAU pupils and 3-7 year olds from STF 1). The procedure will be as before - drop children at the yard gate at 8.50am or main door for OAU/STF 1. Nursery will finish at 11.30am and Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 will be collected from the main yard at 3.10pm.
Parents will be asked to wear face masks whilst on school premises. Socially distanced spots will be outlined on the yard to ensure everyone maintains social distancing.
This is the start of a return to school and we are extremely excited about seeing the children and supporting them to settle back into their wonderful school community.
As always if you have any questions, concerns or worries then please contact me in school on 01792 781811 or email email@example.com.
Your class teacher will also be in touch with further information outlining the return to school arrangements for 3-7 year olds.
As before, please ensure you only send your children to school if they are well and do not have any symptoms of Covid 19.